In the following article, we will discuss the pros and cons of Kingsdown vs Tempurpedic. Both of them are very popular mattress brands in the market. Even so, they do have very distinctive characteristics and features. Kingsdown offers a wider range of mattresses with different materials, whereas Tempurpedic is primarily known for the luxury memory foam mattresses. Depending on your conditions and preferences, either Kingsdown or Tempurpedic will be more suitable.
The company was originally named The Mebane Bedding Company, founded in 1904. However, it has been renamed to Kingsdown Mattress, and now it is based in North Carolina. They have been producing high-quality innerspring mattresses for decades, along with some other variations such as hybrid and latex foam. See also: Kingsdown vs Stearns and Foster.
Kingsdown now offers at least ten lines of products. These lines differ by their construction features and materials.
• Crown Imperial is a collection of hybrid mattresses with multiple comfort layers of gel memory foam, polyfoam, and microcoils. The support core is composed of pocketed coils that are encased in high-density polyfoam. It also features a damask cover from silk and wool. This is one of the most luxurious lines.
• Downtown Abbey is a collection of hybrid innerspring mattresses. The models in this line may have different compositions, such as standard memory foam, gel memory foam, latex, and silk/wool fibers. The support core is also of pocketed coils in high-density polyfoam, and the cover is also made from silk and wool.
• Passions is a collection of hybrid innersprings with layers of gel memory foam, latex, and polyfoam. It also has pocketed coils in high-density foam for the support core, but the quilted cover is infused with gel fibers.
• Vintage is a collection of hybrid mattresses with comfort layers of latex, microcoils, and cotton. The support core features pocketed coils in high-density foam, and the cover features a silk-wool blend that is infused with gel foam.
• Diamond Royale is a collection of flappable innersprings. Both sides of the mattress have comfort layers of latex, cotton, wool, cashmere, and rayon. The support core at the center has durable pocketed coils.
• Sleep to Live features innersprings with latex, polyfoam, and gel memory foam.
• BodyPerfect is an airbed mattress with 21 air chambers on each side and comfort layers of memory foam, polyfoam, and latex. The pocketed coils are encased in high-density polyfoam. Each mattress comes with a tablet device for controlling the firmness, setting alarms, and generating sleep activity reports.
• Sleep Smart is an airbed mattress with three air chambers wnad a pocketed coil core. You can control the bed using the IntelliMax mobile app.
• Sleep Haven is a collection of latex mattresses. The support core is high-density polyfoam with foam encasement.
• My Side is a collection of mattresses with specific firmness levels for couples with different preferences.
The first advantage of Kingsdown vs Tempurpedic is the wider range of options. As you can see above, Kingsdown mattresses are available with various materials and features. If you need the supportive nature of pocketed coils but you also want to enjoy the conformability of memory foam, there are some hybrid models that can give you the best of both worlds. Kingsdown can fulfill specific needs with their innovative models.
Furthermore, Kingsdown has suitable options for all price ranges. There are affordable models for people with limited budget, but there are also premium models with advanced features for people who don’t mind spending more money for the best comfort.
Finally, Kingsdown has the bedMatch app, which can be used to generate a sleeper data profile for each customer. This app is very helpful for showing specific needs and preferences regarding the height, firmness, and mattress composition.
The first disadvantage of Kingsdown vs Tempurpedic is that it does not have any model that is entirely composed of memory foam. So, if you are specifically looking for a memory foam mattress, Kingsdown is not the best choice for you.
The next disadvantage of Kingsdown is related to the pricing. The more affordable models are not very durable, and their features are quite common. If you want to enjoy the advanced features, you have to get one of the higher models, which are quite more expensive.
Tempurpedic is a company that is widely known as the first one that introduced memory foam mattresses to the public. Their memory foam mattresses have brought a totally new approach to sleep comfort. The company has produced several different mattresses with innovative memory foam technologies.
There are three lines of Tempurpedic mattresses. They have different firmness levels and materials, as they are designed for different types of sleepers.
• Tempur Cloud mattresses are the softest. They are designed for side-sleepers. The mattress will make you feel as if you are sleeping on the cloud, as it cradles your body.
• Tempur Flex is suitable for all sleeper types. The models in this line have all firmness levels, from soft to firm. It is designed for all-around comfort, contouring, and support.
• Tempur Contour is suitable for back and stomach sleepers. It has the most firmness and support.
There are three different types of Tempur foam that may be used in the mattresses: Tempur HD, Tempur, and Tempur ES. Of the three, Tempur HD is the firmest and most supportive. It is mostly used in the Flex and Contour lines. Tempur has an average firmness level and is used in all lines. Meanwhile, Tempur ES is the softest, used mainly in the Cloud series to create the softest sleeping surface.
When choosing between Kingsdown vs Tempurpedic, there are several unique advantages of Tempurpedic that may interest you. First of all, Tempurpedic’s memory foam is known to provide the best pressure relief. If you often get back pain or joint pain due to pressure points or insufficient support, Tempurpedic is probably the solution for your problems.
Tempurpedic has very low motion transfer. This is great for couples. Any movement will get absorbed by the mattress so that it won’t disturb the other person’s sleep. Finally, Tempurpedic mattresses are quite durable. They need minimal maintenance in order to last for a long time.
The first disadvantage of Tempurpedic is the pricing. Tempurpedic’s mattresses are considered as luxury products due to their expensive prices. It is not the best choice if you have a limited budget.
Furthermore, memory foam is not for everybody. It is great for some people, but it may be terrible for other people. It may have high heat retention, and the support may be insufficient for heavier sleepers.
|- Ten product lines with unique materials and features. Including hybrids, innersprings, and adjustable airbeds||- Memory foam mattresses with different firmness levels and features|
|- Easier to fulfill specific needs with the bedMatch app and innovative designs||- Great for pressure relief and conforming|
|- Has more affordable options||- Mostly premium and expensive models|
Tempurpedic is only recommended if you indeed love memory foam, and you don’t mind spending a lot of money for a trusted quality brand. The mattresses have good pressure relief and durability. However, if you don’t really prefer memory foam, Kingsdown is more recommended. Kingsdown has a wider range of choices, and there are more affordable models as well.