Restonic and Sealy are two mattress brands that are comparable to each other. They both are considered as good quality brands. They also have similar lines of mattresses, including innerspring, gel memory foam, and hybrid models. Below, we will see the detailed comparisons between Restonic vs Sealy Hybrid to help you choose the best mattress for your sleep.
Continue reading below to find out further about:
- The mattress lines in Restonic and Sealy
- The mattress construction of each hybrid mattress
- The pros and cons of Restonic vs Sealy Hybrid
- The pricing and shipping of each mattress brand
- The trial periods and warranty timeframes
- Which mattress that is generally more recommended for the money
Restonic is a company that was founded in 1945 and is now based in Buffalo, New York. Restonic does not have any brick-and-mortar showrooms, buy you can find their mattresses quite easily in many physical stores as well as in online stores.
Restonic does not have as many lines – which may be a good thing if you think that choosing one from numerous options is very difficult. Restonic mattresses can be categorized into four kinds, which are innerspring, latex, gel memory foam, and hybrid. However, there are six Restonic mattress lines that use different materials and technologies.
- The Comfort Care mattress collection consists of innerspring mattresses that are constructed with gel memory foam for comfort layers, foam-encased pocketed coils for support layers, and high-density base polyfoam. The models in this collection are available in four firmness ratings, which are Firm, Cushion Firm, Pillow Top, and Euro Top.
- The Comfort Care Limited mattress collection is more luxurious. It also consists of innerspring However, the comfort layers have graphite latex combined with gel memory foam. Some models in this line also have a layer of micro coils in the comfort system. Meanwhile, the support core consists of foam-encased pocketed coils and high-density base polyfoam. The cover is hand-tufted, made from silk and wool. The models in this line have four designs with different firmness ratings, which are Firm Euro Top, Cushion-Firm Boxtop, Micro-Coil Boxtop, and Ultra-Plush Boxtop.
- The Comfort Care Hybrid Signature innerspring mattress collection has a more sophisticated comfort system. It features two layers of gel memory foam to provide extra cushioning and support. The support core remains similar with foam-encased pocketed coils and high-density base polyfoam. The models in this line have six designs with different firmness levels, which are Firm Non-Quilted, Firm Quilted, Plush Non-Quilted, Plush Quilted, Pillow Top Quilted, and Euro Top Quilted.
- The Health Rest Tempa Gel mattress collection consists of gel memory foam mattresses without coils. The comfort layer features two layers of gel memory foam for enhanced comfort, cushioning, and support. The support core is constructed from high-density polyfoam.
- The Health Rest Latex mattress collection consists of latex The comfort layer is made from latex for enhanced comfort and durability. The support core is made from high-density polyfoam.
- The Brio mattress collection combines latex and gel memory foam materials in the comfort layer. The combination allows for enhanced contouring while still having very good comfort and durability. The support core is made from high-density polyfoam.
Let’s take the Comfort Care Hybrid mattress, which is a comparable counterpart for Restonic vs Sealy Hybrid. Although this mattress is a hybrid mattress which uses both innerspring coils and gel memory foam, you have to keep in mind that it only has innerspring coils in the middle!
Restonic calls the middle area as the “Marvelous Middle”. The hybrid mattress does not have innersprings throughout the whole mattress; instead, it only has coils in the middle to provide 25% more support than the surrounding area. This design allows for even pressure distribution across the whole body.
The hybrid mattress also has additional lumbar support in the center third. This is very useful for preventing back pain. However, this also means that the mattress is mostly designed for people who sleep on their backs; the additional lumbar support will feel weird for side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
Of course, the coils in the middle also contribute to the mattress’s durability and longevity. The coils ensure that the center area will always be resilient and supportive throughout the years. They protect the mattress from sagging for superior mattress lifetime.
Restonic hybrid mattresses also feature the Superedge Plus construction. This feature implements firm foam that is resistant to sagging around the perimeter of the mattress. This feature ensures superior edge support and durability. The Airflow border ensures superior breathability and reduces temperature fluctuations. On the top, there is the Tempagel gel memory foam for conforming support, enhanced heat dissipation, and greatly reduced motion transfer.
Take a look : Sleep Number i8 vs i10.
Restonic: Pricing and Shipping
Restonic vs Sealy Hybrid sells their mattresses through third-party retailers, both brick-and-mortar and online, which is why the company does not disclose any pricing details of the current models. The pricing information comes from the retailers. There are some pricing differences between the retailers, but they are quite marginal.
In general, most Queen-sized Restonic mattresses are sold between $1,200 – $1,600. However, the high-end models are sold between $2,200 – $2,500. Indeed, they are quite expensive. For the exact prices, you need to visit a local Restonic retailer.
Since Restonic mattresses are exclusively available through third-party retailers, the shipping depends on the retailer from which you buy your mattress. Online retailers like Amazon usually provide shipping. For your convenience, make sure that the retailer does provide a shipping service.
The same thing goes with old mattress removal service. Some companies and retailers can help you with the disposal of your old mattress. However, Restonic does not provide this service, so you should ask the retailer if you need some help in the removal of your old mattress.
Restonic: Trial and Warranty
Again, Restonic does not manage the trial periods of their mattresses, as they are sold by third-party retailers. The trial period of a mattress depends on the retailer. Hence, it is very important that you ask about the trial period and return policy from the retailer prior to buying. This way, if you find that the mattress is not satisfying, you can return the mattress safely.
Restonic does provide variable warranties for their mattresses. The warranties vary from model to model. However, the company does not disclose the warranty timeframes for specific models; instead, the company assigns warranties according to product codes.
This is indeed confusing, it is very difficult to find the code and estimate the warranty coverage before buying the mattress. However, the warranties may vary from 1 year to 25 years depending on the model. Note that the company may apply prorated charges on warranty claims; the charge is based on the product’s current price and the years of your ownership.
Sealy Hybrid: Overview
Sealy Posturepedic is a very well-known brand in the mattress industry. The company has been around since 1881. It was founded in Sealy, Texas. However, the company is now headquartered in Trinity, North Carolina. For sure, Sealy Posturepedic is among the names that come first to your mind when you try to remember about the mattress brands available in the market.
You can categorize Sealy Posturepedic mattresses into three groups. There are innerspring mattresses, memoryfoam mattresses, and hybrid mattresses.
- The Response mattress line features traditional innerspring The models here are designed to provide that traditional “sleep-on-the-top” feel. A mattress of this line does not let you sink, as it supports your entire body properly. Interestingly, although innerspring mattresses have always been considered expensive, this is actually the most affordable line of Sealy Posturepedic.
- The Conform mattress line consists of gel memory foam The models in this line use various kinds of foam and proprietary materials to provide the best balance of contouring, support, and breathability. They don’t use coils. Among the materials used, there are Comfort Sense gel memory foam and Sealy Support gel memory foam. They also have sophisticated edge construction for enhanced edge support. In terms of price, this line is the midrange line.
- The Hybrid mattress line, just like what the name suggests, consists of hybrid mattresses that use both spring coils and gel memory foam. As the effect you can get superior contouring without sacrificing support and bounce. This line is relatively the most expensive.
Sealy Hybrid: Construction
Unfortunately, the company does not provide detailed information about the composition and construction of the Sealy Hybrid mattresses. However, the general design of Sealy Hybrid mattresses is similar across the models.
The construction involves innerspring coils that are encased in foam for the base. There are several layers of foam above the coils. Since the coils are all covered by foam, you can be certain that they are durable and will not break easily due to heavy impacts. Also, the coils are much less likely to protrude through the multiple foam layers.
Meanwhile, comfort layers of such mattresses may use traditional memory foam, gel memory foam, polyfoam, or some combinations of those. Note that different models may be available through different retailers.
Sealy Hybrid mattresses certainly come with the Posturepedic technology. It is essentially the inclusion of extra foam that reinforces the center area of the bed to provide additional support. This design is based on the fact that the center of the bed has to support the most burden, the heaviest part of your body. With this design, the mattress can ensure stable and even support across the surface.
Unfortunately, the exact density levels of Sealy Hybrid mattresses and the detailed specifications, such as thickness and layers, are not known. As the effect, comparing these models to the other models from the same brand as well as the other brands can be a little difficult.
Sealy Hybrid: Pricing and Shipping
Although Sealy also sells their mattresses through third-party retailers, brick-and-mortar and online, the company is more transparent about the pricing. If you have a very limited budget, either the traditional innerspring or memory foam may make a more suitable choice. The traditional innerspring mattresses start from $499, whereas the memory foam mattresses start from $699.
However, if you really want to get a Sealy Hybrid mattress, you may be relieved that the mattresses in this line start from $1,099. The Queen-size models start from $1,499. The sizes available are Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King. There are also Split Queen and Split King sizes, which are mattresses that can fold upwards to allow a more comfortable sitting position.
Sealy does not directly provide any delivery service. The shipping depends on the retailer from which you purchase your mattress. So, the type, speed, and cost of the shipping may vary from retailer to retailer. Some retailers only provide delivery, whereas some others can also take care of your old mattress.
Sealy Hybrid: Trial and Warranty
Restonic vs Sealy Hybrid does not provide a specific trial period or return policy because the company distributes the mattresses through third-party retailers. So, the trial period and return policy depend on the retailer that sells the mattress. Which is why you should ask the retailer about these things before buying. Some retailers may provide 30-day or 60-day trial periods and allow returns, whereas some others may not allow returns at all.
A Sealy Hybrid mattress usually comes with a 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers all defects in manufacturing and materials. The company does not charge you for the repair or replacement. There isn’t any prorated charge.
However, the shipping cost is your responsibility. The company assures you that the shipping cost will never exceed the standard. So, you don’t need to worry about getting excessively overcharged. The shipping cost is rational.
Restonic vs Sealy
|- Has the Marvelous Middle design with coils only on the center||- Coils throughout the mattress, added foam in the center for support|
|- Gel memory foam on the top||- Traditional or gel memory foam, polyfoam, or combinations|
|- Slightly more expensive||- Start from a more affordable price point|
|- Variable warranty between 1 – 25 years, depending on the model||- 10-year limited warranty|
|- Warranty claim may have prorated charge||- No additional charge besides shipping cost|